Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need a Win98SE compat version of MFC42U.DLL. View next topic
View previous topic
Ki Mendrossen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a Lexar USB JumpDrive that will work with Windows 98SE. I downloaded and installed the driver but it told me that MFC42U.DLL was not present. I took a copy from my XP installation but it wont work because it uses unicode features that are specific to Windows NT, thus incompatible with 9x. Does anyone have a 9x compatible copy of the file they can send me at dwsmith2@verizon.net?

Thanks.
Puckdropper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I did a quick search, and this came up:
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mfc42u

>score
Your score is 202 (total of 350 points), in 866 moves.
This gives you the rank of Adventurer.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Ki Mendrossen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried that file and it doesn't work that's why I asked here. I have had several posters send me copies already and they do not work. i think that DLL is specific to WinNT systems only. I can access the public partition of the drive in Win98SE but I cannot access the private partition as it requires that DLL. I will have to check with Lexar, my drive manufacturer.

Thanks anyway though.
Ki mendrossen
jforb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

could be the private partition requires win2k? I have a lexar jump drive, and the public side works with 98se after installing the drive (I recall)....but I never tried to hide anything on it, so I don't know if it works.

my guess is that there might be limited functionality with 98se. folks who write drivers don't seem to take 98 seriously any more....

selectric.org
T-R-A

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep, I've got one (512MB) too working with Win98SE (home-USB 1.1) and Win2k (work-USB 2.0). Never had any problems with it, but I didn't need the security functions. I'm not sure if the needed MFC42U.DLL is for security functions or general usage...
KiMendrossen_nologgy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That would make sense then. I never use the secure partition. MFC42U.DLL sounds like an important file that has something to do with the core components of the OS. I suppose I can live with it.
 Jump to: