Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thoroughbread vs palomino View next topic
View previous topic
tommyb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, its time to upgrade, the 1ghz duron just doesnt do it for me anymore. I have a kg7 mb which'll support an athalon thoroughbread to 1.67ghz or a palomino that'll go to 1.77 (i think). Whats the differences between the two? I dont really want to get a new mb. Its socket a.

Probably gonna get a radeon 9250 too (to replace a daytona 8meg) and another additional 256megs of ram to make it 512.

I have the distinction of having the "slowest" computer on the floor. This is an untruth, as mine outpreforms the others in response time and just general good looks. Muh ha ha.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Peace
ryan no log

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thoroughbread runs slightly cooler BUT requires a copper bottom heatsync or it will die slowly. It also has double the cache of a palomino. If you can find a palomino that is still living cheap get it otherwise the thoroughbread is a better CPU in terms of temp and overclockability.

Cheers
tommyb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

screw it, I'm getting a mac mini. The 1.42, 512 ram, 80gig. Thank you grandma. Smile
 Jump to: