Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mach 3 : I wonder what this would work on... View next topic
View previous topic
Darren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LOOONG ago, when I was first getting into computers, I had a game that I played on the computers. It always impressed me how good the intro audio was considering the computer had no sound card... Well, I captured the audio do you guys could hear it if you'd like Rolling Eyes

http://www.freewebs.com/darrencax/mach3.mp3

That particular recording was from my PIII to my current Athlon X2. My original attempt to play this game was on a 386SX/25. It worked fine in non-turbo(12MHz). I have never, that I can recall, tried it on a slower machine.

If someone would like to try it on an older machine, I could post it. The whole game's around 360k if I recall correctly. The actual game's pretty sorry, but I just liked the beginning Razz
Howard81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I would like to try that! I have 4.77MHz IBM XT and 5150, also 8MHz Amstrad PC1640 (8086 XT clone). I am sure it would work on one of those Smile
ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I still have that game somewhere on some old XT, too bad I could never figure out what exactly you were supposed to do.
Darren

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll dig the game out when I get back home this weekend... The game's not that hard, you just fly around shooting things. However, I find it quite boring after about 5 minutes Razz The intro audio is impressive, though. Oh yes, and when you loose, it says "Game Over" If you get a high score, it also goes "Oh yeah" Or something like that...
 Jump to: