Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commodore PC 10 III PSU pinout? View next topic
View previous topic
max

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

During my neverending and still unsuccessfull search for 5160 I came to a Commodore PC 10. Yes this is a XT class computer not 8 bit Very Happy It is without power supply and the connector is not a AT but something really strange. I know the way how to find out the pinout of this connector (mesure it against ISA slot) but may be someone knows the pinout? I tried google but either I use wrong phrases or it is not there
max

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK. So I had to figure it myself. BTW: this XT clone seems to have an onboard IDE controller and RTC (apart other interesting things) Unfortunatelly both 360kB drives an HDD seem dead.

So the power supply pinout is:
1.....Power Good
2.....-12V
3.....+12V
4.....GND
5.....GND
6.....+5V

Good news is that motherboard seems to work in general, I connected it to a TV via composite video out and I see nice message Commodore PC BIOS rev 4.36 and post test screen Very Happy
Now I need to figure out how to make an IDE drive work
ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You will need an old 20mb or 40mb Western Digital drive with the A/X on the end of the serial. The IDE port is NOT 16bit IDE but 8 bit XT-IDE which requires a 8 bit IDE hard drive. There were other 8 bit IDE drives but they may be difficult to locate.

http://www.fotovallescrivia.it/public/news/comp.sys.ibm.pc.classic/116886-Re-commodore-pc-10-III-jumper-settings.htm

Good Luck
Ryan
max

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, thanks for hint. This is the reason why the 80MB IDE disk is not working in it. I have few Conner CP2024 2.5" HDDs from old XT laptop Olivetti Quaderno. Those are supportinq 16bit but also old XT bus, so they should work.
 Jump to: