Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

End of an era... View next topic
View previous topic
T-R-A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Began cleaning out the basement mess this past weekend. Determined that anything less than a 486/66 (about 2/3 of it) has to go (maybe keep a couple of 386's for posterity's sake). First load to the recyclers netted $83.60, which is likely about twice what I paid for it...
Puckdropper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have anything interesting, feel free to post it on the Buy - Sell - Trade forum. Maybe we can trade you some cash or just some space and save you some money.

Good luck, a thorough cleaning is a lot of work but worth it.

>score
Your score is 202 (total of 350 points), in 866 moves.
This gives you the rank of Adventurer.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
wdegroot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have made tentative promises
but I have several layers of things to remove before I can even SEE some of these old partsa and pc's.
every tuesday garbage day, I have a bag filled with stuff that I cannot take to the local recycling. I add it to the kitchen garbage.
maybe in a few months I can see the real junk. I know those things are there somewhere. I just have to keep at it. and not miss a week. we can burn things here, but the new barrell is not set up yet.

we were getting many pc's from a man at a recycling center. but that source has dried up.
this filled the room with pc cases. many went to recycling for cash. too old to be used. We are still giving local people set up pc's.
T-R-A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
...a thorough cleaning is a lot of work but worth it.

Amen to that. And the older I get, the more work it becomes...

Quote:
I have made tentative promises...

Yeah, me too. For about 10 years now. Given what scrap and non-ferrous metals are bringing right now, it's likely now or never. Can't afford to bury myself in this cr*p...
ryan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

T-R-A wrote:
Began cleaning out the basement mess this past weekend. Determined that anything less than a 486/66 (about 2/3 of it) has to go (maybe keep a couple of 386's for posterity's sake). First load to the recyclers netted $83.60, which is likely about twice what I paid for it...

Your lucky, circuit board scrap down south sells for some cash, up here they still want to try to charge you to take it, only one place takes it for free (so nice of them)

Only thing you get paid for up here is the metal case and you need to get everything out of it first before they will pay a little for it.

$2.50 a pound for circuit scrap if you go south far enough Sad
 Jump to: