Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to lose your sale on eBay: View next topic
View previous topic
Puckdropper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not hard... I've been really interested in something and then suddenly saw something and closed the window.

The list contains:

Paypal only
      Don't want my money? You don't get it.

Outragous shipping charges.
      Seriously, $15 for a motherboard only from Ohio to Indiana? It'll cost me less to pick it up myself.

No warranty at all...
      Not even non-DOA. Too many sellers selling junk to take that risk.

Excessive complications to the buying process
      If I wanted to fill out forms, I'd become an accountant.

Too much color
      I can't see the picture of the item, I just see the borders. Subdued colors accent, bright colors get the big X.

The picture and descriptions don't agree.
      Something easily prevented by careful posting, you know?

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Anonymous Coward

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

When I sell items on Ebay I find it is best not to state if I will warrant DOAs. If somebody asks, I usually say yes...but then it depends on the item. For computer components I usually make the return time really short, because there are lots of punks out there that run their hardware out of spec., break it, and then try to return it.

Also, I think Paypal only is not nearly as bad as Money Order only. I'm willing to accept money orders, but I REALLY hate sending them. I'm quite impatient when it comes to buying.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

One of the things that make me avoid an auction is when people say "I have no way to test this", particularly when testing it would only require plugging it in. I consider that phrase to actually mean "This piece of junk doesn't work but I'm going to pretend I haven't tried it out".

Paypal only will instantly get the window closed also; if they are too lazy to cash a money order or check they're probably to lazy to pack my item properly and send it to me.
mf_2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I always sell paypla only or at least paypla preferred. That doesn't mean I'm lazy though. I just think PayPal is way better than money orders...
Puckdropper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PayPal preferred is ok. Just so long as you accept other payment types, I'll think about your auction. Speaking of auctions, I gotta look a guy up and find out what's going on with my RAM...

>score
Your score is 202 (total of 350 points), in 866 moves.
This gives you the rank of Adventurer.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Nobody

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bought a Foo Fighters CD off eBay in 1999, and it still hasn't arrived yet. I'm beggining to think the guy ripped me off. Sad
Puckdropper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You should contact the seller and find out what's going on. Perhaps it's still in the mail. The post office does deliver, but it can take a while some time.

(*wink* *wink*)

>score
Your score is 202 (total of 350 points), in 866 moves.
This gives you the rank of Adventurer.
wdegroot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i bought 2 mb and opne only wiorked when cmos was shorted/set at reset.
he did exchange it, the 2nd one was misdescribed and a lesser mb that i needed.

i like? the camera ads where that say" i know nothing about cameras and don't know if it works" how hard is it to wind and click?
is there somebody in the western world that has never taken a photo and developed a roll of film at walmart? ( or somewhere else)
how dumb do you think i am?

I bought a slr body a month ago, shipping was high , but total was less than $30.00
and it was advertised as working and it does seem ok. \
it was in the range of what a old film slr sells for, unless there is a feeding frenzy

i never tell them that old mercury-battery based film cameras work properly with cheap hearing-aid cells.

some of tje unlerned types sell decent stuff at good prices.
i bought a 135 tele with an " unusual mount" for $9.99 ( miranda w/ external diaphragm button like an exacta.
and a YS spiratone lens " don't know what it fits" for 0.99 cents, ( i had the adapter)

knowing and underatanding what it is can help a lot..
 Jump to: