Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

do you buy things from companies with poor support? View next topic
View previous topic
wdegroot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

a couple of examples. PC chips who made some less than wonderful mb provided esasy but slow downloads.
asus has good boards and good support
tho the site is hard to navigate.
I recently fould a cahintech VNF4 mb pretty decent amd bases board with a nividia chipset. the company does not support but finally senbt me to a useless thing. it worked but had nothing to do with
motherboards.
GE is crappy and when the phone died that did not fix anything here in the usa

what are your experiences
Unknown_K

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Few companies have decent support anymore becuase the prices are so low. basically you buy whatever looks like a good deal and hopefully thr place you got it from takes it back in 30 days if it is DOA, anything after that and you are on your own.
Anonymous Coward

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Depends what kind of support.

I only like to buy things with good driver support.
T-R-A

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If it's something I can support myself (appliances, PC's), I generally don't care. Other things (especially big-ticket items) better have good support before I even give them a look...
creepingnet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Support (ie. calling India) for me is a non-issue. I am my own product support as I am multi-talented when it comes to electronics, mechanics, and musical things. I also prepare the first day I have it for any support issues that might come up in the future (software availibility, proprietary hardware specs/settings, and the like). Some stuff I'm skilled enough to build my own parts for as well.

As far as Driver support goes, I just squirrel away the drivers and store them away for sometime later if I ever need them. I've got floppies and CD-RWs and HDD's storing eons of drivers, not to mention I have them all shared on my LAN anyhow. Same thing for a lot fo my musical stuff that becomes hard to find in 10 years after the product came out (Guitar Effects patch editors and the like.).

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
 Jump to: