Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

toshiba laptop View next topic
View previous topic
Pavel Jackoff

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hi there, haven't been here for quite a while, even had to reregister, but no problem :)
and my question is a bit out of the "system-specs" for this forum because it's actually about a toshiba satellite pro 430 cds - a p133-system. it features a c&t 65550 graphics card and i run ms-dos 6.22 and wfw 3.11 with calmira xp on it. the problem is, that the accelerated c&t driver which allows me to run 65k colors doesn't seem to support a mouse trail which is quite a problem on the slow lcds of that time. i haven't found any c&t driver that allows it. is there any availabe, or am i stuck to the standard wfw driver which only features 265 colors and make calmira xp and websurfing look quite ugly?

thanks for your help.
pavel
ß

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have you tried to see whether you can use a mouse trail with OS/2? If so, you can, of course, run your Win16 applications on OS/2.
Pavel Jackoff

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no, i didn't beause as far as i know i cannot run win32s applications under os/2.
ß

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 2:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You can run Win32s apps on OS/2 though! Win32 is where support is lacking, though it is now possible with Odin. I haven't tried it myself, but apparently even the Win32 version of Quake III: Arena runs on Warp 4 with Odin.
 Jump to: