Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old HP Table Plotters, I want to build my own painting unit View next topic
View previous topic
ryan no log

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My school long ago had some old A size HP plotters that were table models, aka the pen actually moved side to side and back and forth to draw the image to the paper.

A long time ago I saw an individual making "paintings" if you can call them that with an automated paintbrush he put in an old plotter.

I am wonder what old HP plotter models actually had a table as opposed to moving the paper back and forth?

I would like to build preferably a "B" size plotter into a glass painting machine.

Any ideas?

I am thinking that since HP GL is so easy to do now days I could "print" painted lineart and text to glass at my craft booth. I can easily get mirrors but most are 10x10 or larger so I would need a B size plotter if one exists. The color would be tricky as I would have to swap out the spray brush each time and my flow rate would need to be controlled precisely.

Thanx
Ryan
bear

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have one of these which were run from a 286

Last edited by bear on Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryan no log

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is that an "A" size 8.5"x11 or B size table? That looks like the unit (or very similar)

What model is that?

Thanx
Ryan
bear

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Would be better if linkes changed color so one can see them it is size A and Manufacturer: HP Model: 7440A.

Clicky
ryan no log

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoa! $475 for a 15yr old plotter? I should have grabbed that stack of 20 or so my school threw out years ago (at least one I guess)

Thanx now I will need to look for that unit on epay unless I can find a "B" size unit if one was ever made.
wdegroot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

at hp in 1994, thay had large d or e size plotters for doing electrical schatics.
the regidstration, how they zipped back and forth with perfect registration,
makes me realize how hard it would be to make a decent plotter.
you could make a "sort of" plotter, but to get one that worked proiperly would be very hard.
ryan no log

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do not plan on making the plotter, I do plan on modifying one to put paint on the page instead of ink, the only issue will be knotted up ink lines and possibly too much weight for the servo.
 Jump to: