Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I wish I had time for ebay :( View next topic
View previous topic
ryan no log

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-CPU-Chip-Turbo-486-Overdrive-DX4-DX4-100-100-133_W0QQitemZ8757345545QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It seems there are a lot of overpriced items going that I have too bad I don't have time to write up an add that does justice so they would sell for high $$. Stupid ebayers Smile
T-R-A

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd be suprised if that one sells. A $199 lead-in price scares off most people (especially on something like 486 cpu's). He'd probably do better with a lead-off of $50.

Quote:
All of these chips can be dropped into any 5V 486 motherboard. If you are running a SX-25, SX-33, SX2/50, SX2/66, DX25, DX33, DX2/66 all you have to do is drop one of these in and you will get a full-blown 486DX running at 100 to 133 MHz.

He may be right. A few motherboards weren't designed for any upgrade, and that "full-blown 486" may go up in magic smoke...
 Jump to: