Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set Up Seagate ST01 SCSI Host Adapter View next topic
View previous topic
harl67

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Setting up a Seagate ST01 Host SCSI Adapter under DOS 3.0.0 and need the files
installr.exe
park.com
readme.1st
They are about circa 1988
Also need Seagate Disk Manager for DOS 8-16 Bit.
Another Seagate program I would like to get hold of is
diagscsi.exe ver 1.4

Would appreciate any help in locating them.

MB is a DTK PIM-TB10-Z Turbo CPU 8088-10 Ram 640Kb
wdegroot

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

that mb is subject to an error message "pck - forget the rest hope your is one that is fixed
after 2 flakey ones i NEVER bought anoither dtk product
harl67

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wdegroot
Do not understand what you meant by

"pck - forget the rest

My unit is working well till an old eisa HD collapsed. As these are scarce I am trying to go SCSI.
The Mb still starts up okay and works well using MSdos 3.0 off 360k 5.25" Floppies.
My MB has DTK/ERSO bios version 2.42 (C) 1986 the stable one.
xtguy

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While I don't have any of the files you're searching for, I did want to say that I've been really pleased with runninng SCSI drives on old (XT class) computers. I know there are some people who are purists about this and would never want anything in their vintage PC's but parts from the same era, however as more and more MFM era drives breathe their last gasp, it makes sense to replace them with something faster, more reliable and that you don't have to park the heads on every time you shut down.

Even my 40 mb. SCSI drives run at a 1:1 interleave which gives a data transfer rate of over 500 k, much faster than the 87k/102k speeds with the original mfm 10 and 21 mb. drives.

I do have a 5150 and a 5160 with both 10 mb. mfm drives in them, nothing like the sound of these old drives spinning up, but my clone XT's (10 and 12 mhz. boards) have more modern drives in them.

As for DTK, I have multiple DTK 10 mhz. boards and have not had any problems with them (but I would never want to contradict Walter DeGroot!) Some of them have Phoenix BIOS' in them instead of the DTK bios and I get the subjective impression that the Phoenix bios is faster.

I also use the display 'speedup' programs on them (Zeno) and oddly enough, Zeno works on the boards with the Phoenix bios, but if I pull the bios chips and replace it with the DTK one, Zeno has no effect using the DTK bios (enough though the software has a switch to run it with DTK bios, it makes no difference!) Therefore, I think I like the Phoenix bios better!
wdegroot

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

there was a pin on u70? that phillip at dtk in edisoin nj clipped. this he said would cure the error and permit use of other bios'
if you already have a phoenix bios, apparently that change was made on your mb. either by clipping or cutting the lans
think it was pin 5 or 6 on that chip a row just before the card slots.
I still may be able to find that info .

I have an eisa drive from an ibm with a list of factory errors that looks like the nyc phone book.

fortunately, I still have a few mem drives. supposedly ok.

I have a seagate et-01 card and did not know it required drivers. tee fred sent it to me.

I thought eisa required a AT class system , not a
xt class mb,

I still have a eisa scsi card. a hard/floppy BUSLOGIC card. I have a compaw eisa 486/66 system buried in the garage, but no plans to use it.
harl67

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Found this old Seagate FTP site
ftp://ftp.seagate.com/pub/techsuppt/
Will have to do some searching through the zip files.
 Jump to: