Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Since things have been slow lately... View next topic
View previous topic
T-R-A

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just some misc. news:

Just got BellSouth DSL. One word. WOW! Shocked Very Happy

After 10 years with dial-up, this is like a whole new internet ....

With a "new" 2.2Ghz machine (XP Pro SP2) with Dual CD/DVD burners and several thousand pieces of blank media, the internet is in grave danger of getting "raped"...
creepingnet

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

T-R-A wrote:
Just some misc. news:

Just got BellSouth DSL. One word. WOW! Shocked Very Happy

After 10 years with dial-up, this is like a whole new internet ....

With a "new" 2.2Ghz machine (XP Pro SP2) with Dual CD/DVD burners and several thousand pieces of blank media, the internet is in grave danger of getting "raped"...

I know the feeling, I first got high speed internet when I moved to Washington august of last year. My room mate had Comcast through her boyfriend (he was fronting the bill), man oh man was there hell to pay when he stopped fronting the bill, I had work to do that involved the internet for my job, so I ended up buying Verizon DSL and fronting the bill myself. Half the reason I've not been on UCL or Vintage Computer Forum lately is because with high speed internet I've been uploading my music like crazy and showing off guitar wise, as well as going abandonware crazying and tricking out all my PC's with obsolete software of every kind.

This is going to be valueble with the new XT project I have coming up (if all goes well), I've decided I miss my old one, and want to try and hook the new one up to DSL.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
wdegroot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WENT VONAGE IN APRIL 2005
boo HOO- HAD TO GO HIGH SPEED CABLE INTERNET ALSO
as he said " a whole new internet"
still using 98 se and 500 mhz cpu's works great.
mf_2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So here's my story about the internet and dsl and all that.
We got our first internet connection in 1999, it is called ISDN ( 64kbit down / 64 kbit up ). It's basically like dialup with the expection that people can still call you on the phone while you are online. Then, in 2002, we got the so-called T-DSL. It's a form of ADSL with speeds of 768kbit/s down and 128 kbit/s up. somwhere in 2004, our only dsl provider decided to force ( or as they call it 'upgrade for add. 2$/month ) to the so-called T-DSL1000, which was 1024down/128up.The 'old' T-DSL was no longer offered. Since then, DSL2000, 3000 and 6000 ( with 6000down, 576up ) have been launched and gotten real cheap, however we are still stuck with DSL1000. my parents just won't upgrade. For only like $12 more, we could have six times the speed that we have now. just recently, ADSL2+ with up to 16mbit downstream was launched here in germany, so priced for the 'old' dsl types might drop even more.
 Jump to: