Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dual 9 pin serial port for PC View next topic
View previous topic
NViousGK

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, here's the card I have.

1986 STB Systems, Inc. Revision C
FCCID: STB EKS56 A- 2 serial
36-0043
233/89
Assembled in Mexico
V1 0489

What I've included here is everything that's printed on the dual 9 pin serial card I had to pull from my PC. The problem is that although there are no indications as to what is really what on this card. I need it to be set to the default IRQ's, and have the ports set to Com 3 and Com 4.

I've checked everywhere I could, even going through the extendsive list of cards located at http://stason.org/. There doesn't seem to be anything out there for this particular card. So, I have 2 options. I could either get the resources I need to properly set up this card, or I can get a replacement for it. The dual serial card must be configurable to Com 3 and Com 4.

Thanks.

If there are no resources, does anyone have a replacement card I can purchase? Cool

Thanks much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it jumper settings you need ? See if syscheck will tell you what they are set at and than go by trial and error.
NViousGK

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've tried the trial and error thing, but there are so many combinations available between the IRQs and switch settings that trial and error is not truly feasible. There are 100 possible IRQ combinations, and 64 possible switch combinations. Together that makes a total of 6400 possibities.

Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll keep looking, but in the meantime, I just purchased a new dual 9 pin serial port card that even has it's instruction manual intact. So setting that one up will be much easier.

Jump to: